The Health Care Improvement Foundation (HCIF) seeks a Qualitative Data Analyst Consultant to provide services in support of the 2025 regional Community Health Needs Assessment (rCHNA), described below:
The ACA-mandated 2025 rCHNA is facilitated on behalf of southeastern Pennsylvania non-profit health systems. The Qualitative Consultant will undertake a leading role in primary qualitative data collection, analysis, and synthesis for the rCHNA report. We seek a candidate local to Southeastern Pennsylvania with a combination of education and experience in qualitative methods roughly equivalent to a PhD. The role entails a willingness to take direction from the HCIF project team and the rCHNA Steering Committee (comprised of health system representatives, community-based organizations, health departments, and other key constituents), and interest in authentic community engagement.
Qualitative Consultant Qualifications
- Minimum of Master’s prepared. PhD preferred, but we recognize some qualified candidates may reach the requisite level of expertise through a combination of education and professional experience in qualitative design, collection, and analysis;
- Facility with and access to qualitative analysis software, such as NVivo;
- Ability to co-create qualitative data collection strategy with HCIF team, Steering Committee, relevant subcommittees, etc.;
- Candidates local to southeastern Pennsylvania with ability to travel to ad hoc in-person meetings preferred.
- Knowledge of healthcare, public health, and/or nonprofit landscape in Pennsylvania and/or Southeastern Pennsylvania is a plus;
- Experience navigating complex program with many invested parties;
- Ability to take feedback and incorporate into future work;
- Ability to adhere to a schedule while maintaining flexibility;
- Ability to build rapport and authentic engagement with community residents;
- Creative and analytic thinkers who can help troubleshoot challenges within a set of parameters;
- Comfortable communicating clearly and respectfully;
- Aligned with HCIF’s values of accountability, inclusiveness, collaboration, and transparency;
- Independent consultants are requested to carry professional liability insurance and to provide the insurance certificate upon starting date.
Term of Engagement
This position has an expected start date of April 1, 2024 and end date of March 31, 2025. Consultant will be contracted at an hourly rate of $70/hour for a maximum of 900 hours total contracted time. Consultants will invoice HCIF on a monthly basis for up to 75 hours/month.
Selection Process & Timeline
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit a resume/CV and cover letter describing relevant experience by Tuesday, February 20, 2024 for consideration. Resume and cover letter should be sent to Kelsey Salazar firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leading candidates will be invited to interview in February and March 2024.
Based in Philadelphia, the Health Care Improvement Foundation (HCIF) is an independent nonprofit organization whose mission is to drive superior health care through collaboration and shared learning. HCIF is dedicated to the vision of healthier communities through equitable, accessible, and quality health care. HCIF approaches complex health challenges by facilitating collaboration among various partners to implement solutions that no individual could achieve independently. Using skills in program management, facilitation, partner engagement, and evaluation, we forge cross-sector partnerships and serve as an independent convener. Our staff of ten facilitate programs in topic areas including opioid stewardship, health equity data strategies, health literacy, chronic disease management, and community health needs assessment.